This might be something that you want to send out to teachers who will be getting a Newline Board for the first time.
Things for teachers
- The panel will turn off after 30 minutes unless you change that setting
- Go to the settings tool at the top of the screen – looks like a gear
- Go to power on/off setting
- Energy saver – Never
- Making a Source your favorite so it will automatically load up – Home-Settings-Toolbar-Favorite Connection – It will time out after 2 minutes so touch something on the panel to make it “stick”
- You must point remote directly at the power button
- If you want sound without the panel on – you have to turn the panel on and then press sound only on the remote
- Calibrate – who knew!
- Must have the panel on
- Search on the task bar – calibrate
- Click on Calibrate the Screen for pen or Touch Input
- Follow the onscreen instructions
- For best sound: turn the sound all the way up on the computer then turn then use the volume on the board – you will not have to turn it up much.
- When you turn the panel on and off it messes with the resolution on the monitor - just a heads up
- Clean screen with electronic screen cleaner and microfiber cloth (included)
- Toolbar tricks:
- Home gets to back to the main screen
- Monitor with pencil is the Annotate over desktop function – example: you can use the pen tools on the internet
- Just the pen tool – quick whiteboard – can put different templates on the panel
- Long holds will give you more options with the pens and backgrounds
- 5 fingers or hand is a quick eraser
- 20 point touch (means 20 people can write on it at the same time
If using the stylus – the panel knows the difference between the thick and thin. This might mess you up when using your finger – it may sense a difference in the thickness of your finger and switch colors on you. It will drive you crazy. A fix to this is to set them both to the same color and thickness on your pen tools in the whiteboard.