Getting Securly Push-Notifications on your phone when your student looks for information on self-harm, suicide, or other violence against self or others is a quick and easy process.
1) Download the free Securly Home app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
2) Tap the "Login" button and log in using your Securly Home / Securly Parent Portal credentials. If you don't have a password or don't remember it, tap on the "Get instant access" option. This will send you an email with a login link. When you tap the link in the email, it will automatically log you in to the app.
Note: When you registered for school, there was a question about what address you wanted your family to use for Securly notifications. This is the email address that's linked to your student in Securly.
3) After logging in, click on the 3 lines in the upper left-hand corner, select "Account" --> Manage Notifications
4) Under "Flagged Activities," make sure the switch is toggled ON (green)
5) When your student visits a site or makes a search that is suspected of being related to self-harm, suicide, or other violence against self or others, it will send a notification like the image at the bottom of this article.
Walk-through: How to Turn on Securly Notification in the Securly Home app
Securly Push Notification Example: